Sunday, September 9, 2012

The Crossed Line


Finally, I have found some time for myself writing this update. It's been a jolly good week since I started on my very first job of my life! (I have crossed the line after all)

Working in a construction company was never easy and never will. Seem like my expectation towards working life changed a bit as it's a bit unexpected from what I imagined to be. And the rest of this paragraphs (except for the last one, if you wish to skip) shall contain my complaints and dissatisfaction.

I am not pointing fingers at the company for my complaints but more how would we really able to enjoy life while working our socks off. Leaving government jobs aside, being employed with private construction firms were really no joke.

Here's some observations and experiences so far:

i) I have to work for 6 working days leaving only a day (Sunday) for my own personal space and enjoyment.

ii) Working hours doesn't matter anymore be it from 8 to 5 or 9 to 6 as the hours depend on the amount of workload and not by looking at the clock to rhyme "work's over!".

iii) Most employees doesn't leave the office on time as it should be. And those people who leave the last are always of higher positions/departments.

iv) Nobody really cares how well you are doing, thus adaptation towards work environment must be quick and passion of self learning must be high.

It is common sense that that's the reality of office working life. Perhaps it's pretty much the same elsewhere just that the role that we play determine type of working condition that fall on us. 

I'm calling them challenges that we need to overcome in this pacing working society. But the question is, how long can we retain such energy and passion? Can we still take up all of these challenges even though we are already reaching our forties? Going office early and leaving late may not sound so attractive to the aged group of community as there's much more important stuff to be obliged to like family, children, welfare just to name a few.

A freshie like me put myself in the perfect environment. And that is work. While working more help me gain more experience I needed the most. While the dreaded part would be sacrificing my weekends for the sake of work.

The good news is I shall finally dispose my 'single and available' status soon enough. And am proud to say just that.

Till den~ =)

1 comments:

hilda said...

another like for this post!!! =)

Post a Comment